Having established a good base for the Four Throughlines, we now work our way down the narrative model into the Signposts--what most people understand to be "Acts." Continuing our development of the inequity illustration exercise, John walks through the process of illustration the progression of the Objective Story Throughline. While some Signposts prove easier to encode then others, the end result is a stronger, more deliberate story.
In addition to the workshop, the discussion at the beginning of the class offers great ideas about what it means to write effective and compelling conflict.
- 00:11:39 Jim Hull: Jason, that was AMAZING!!!!
- 00:22:17 Georgina Green: The ends of science justify misleading people unless ethics are more important than knowledge.
- 00:23:26 Georgina Green: hmmm yeah it is the same context
- 00:25:20 Georgina Green: what about knowledge gained through misunderstanding will not be accepted as true
- 00:25:44 Georgina Green: No still a progressive complication
- 00:25:48 Georgina Green: gar
- 00:34:31 Mike Lucas: Broadening your horizons makes you reinterpret your purpose in life
- 00:51:08 Brian: Indillemity
- 00:59:35 Georgina Green: Well this would never pass the ethics board so there is that
- 01:00:29 Mike Lucas: brb
- 01:04:13 Mike Lucas: sorry have to drop -- production issue at work
- 01:04:27 Nick Schouten: Bye Mike!
- 01:04:32 Nick Schouten: Stay safe!
- 01:04:41 Jim Hull: Bye!
- 01:04:48 Georgina Green: Isn't this the same context? Would it be a different context if it was like controlling the science versus getting the - girl
- 01:05:10 Georgina Green: but that is not the process is it
- 01:07:59 Georgina Green: Right I meant the process of doing all this lying means your pursuit of the girl is not going so well as you look like a fraud. The way your obtaining-ing the science is incompabtible with the way you're obtaining-ing the girl. Sorry I'm totally on my own tangent here, - haha.
- 01:10:52 Georgina Green: yes it is!
- 01:13:41 Georgina Green: That quad that is about process versus result seems to be everywhere. Maybe I am imagining that. I don't even know if - that is important.
- 01:14:05 Jim Hull: hmmmm
- 01:14:28 Georgina Green: sorry I have ADHD haha
- 01:23:21 Georgina Green: Thank you, really enjoyed that sorry I got distracted!